We welcome you and your child to our Nursery. We are always happy to talk to you when you drop off or pick up your child or we can be contacted on 01494 771474. Mrs Nicola Kent is our Headteacher and Miss Siobhan Wheatley is our Teacher in the Nursery.
We offer Nursery places for children starting the term after their third birthday. Each child is offered a maximum of five, three hour funded sessions per week. The funded session may be taken across 5 mornings or 5 afternoons, subject to availability. Additional nursery sessions and staying over lunchtime may also be available at an extra cost of £4.20 per hour. We also offer the 30 hours funding which enables children to attend the Nursery from 9.00am to 3.00pm each day.
Our Session Times
The Nursery children wear a uniform, however, it is not obligatory for you to purchase one.
The uniform consists of a red sweatshirt/cardigan a white blouse/polo shirt, grey or black trousers/skirt. If your child is still toilet training then black/grey tracksuit bottoms are permissible. Footwear that is manageable for the children to take on and off themselves.
We provide the following items for you to purchase:
We provide a rolling snack during the sessions. We encourage the children to select from a choice of seasonal fruit or vegetables. We also ask parents to contribute crackers/breadsticks/dried fruit to add variety to the snack selection. Milk or water is also offered.
Children who attend the lunch session will need to bring in a packed lunch from home.
We understand that not all the children who attend the Nursery are able to manage their own personal toileting, we are happy to work with you and your child to manage this important stage at a pace they can cope with.
We are Respectful, Inclusive, Supportive, Approachable, Inspirational, Professional and Positive.
Safeguarding and Welfare
The safeguarding and welfare requirements of all children is our main priority.
||Monday - Friday
|Whole Day session
||9.00am - 3.00pm
||Monday - Friday
- We ensure the suitability of adults who have contact with children; our Key People are trained and qualified to lead Nursery groups.
- We promote good health by encouraging a choice of healthy food and teaching good hygiene practice.
- We help your child to manage their behaviour in a consistent manner and will work in partnership with you.
- We maintain records, policies and procedures.
- We will discuss your child's progress on a regular basis.
- We are always willing to arrange a convenient time to talk with you.
To facilitate this we will:
- To make the first experiences of education exciting and rewarding
- To make the transition from home to school happy
- To encourage positive attitudes for a lifetime of learning
- Arrange home visits for all children in the term before they join us to foster close links between home and school
- Invite all children to visit the nursery to gain some familiarity with the environment, meet their Key Person and their new friends.
- Arrange for the Nursery Manager and Key Person to spend time with the parents and carers to share information during their child's visit
- Ensure all trained practitioners in the nursery team meet regularly to plan indoor and outdoor activities, share information and discuss progress
- Provide child centered learning and development which is stimulating and fun for the child, as well as responding to their needs and previous experiences
- Help our child recognise and learn the social expectations of their new environment
- Work closely with the Reception class, especially in the term prior to the children moving into the Reception year
Please contact us if you would like to have a tour of our Nursery.